With Office 365 Groups you can do much more than you ever thought. Nowadays, when several employees are working remotely, it is very important to create groups so that collaboration and production could be achieved at the optimum level. But, managing these groups is another task. If you cannot manage these groups’ effectivity then it will bring a lot of havoc to your work.
With Groups, you can collaborate even if you are in your working space or not. And Office 365 Groups, allow you to send notifications, grant access to resources, etc. These resources may include SharePoint, OneDrive, and so on. Sometimes, managing these Groups is also important because you might need to get mails on the same mailbox or the same message needs to be sent to several users.
Steps to add Security Group in the admin center (Office.com/setup)
Follow the easy steps given below to add a new Security Group in Office 365:
1. First of all, you need to log in to your Office 365 account at office.com/setup
2. Now, navigate to the admin center section.
3. In this section, you need to go to the ‘Groups’ section.
4. From the Groups section, you need to go to the Groups page.
5. When the Groups page opens, you have to select the option reading as ‘Add a Group’.
6. Further, you will be asked to choose the type of group which you like to create.
7. Now, select the ‘Security’ option.
8. Your Group will be created as soon as you complete some on-screen prompts.
Method to add a participant in the Group
1. Again you need to log in at office.com/setup
2. After this go to the admin center section.
3. From here, you need to go to the Groups section where you have to select the name of the group in which you wish to add a member.
4. Further, select the ‘Members’ tab.
5. From this tab, select the ‘View All’ option.
6. Now, you need to select the ‘Manage Members’ option.
7. Next, you have to navigate to the group pane. Here, select ‘Add members’.
8. Now, you will see a list of persons from which you can choose the desired person.
9. You can also type the name of the member in the given search bar.
10. When you are done, click on the ‘Save’ option.
You can also remove a member from the list by tapping on the (×) button available next to the name of each member.
Edit information in an Office 365 Security Group
1. First of all, you need to go to the admin center of Office 365.
2. From here, go to Groups and then go to Groups page.
3. Here, you will see a list of Groups of which you are a member.
4. Now, tap on the name of the desired group.
5. Further, you have to go to the Settings pane.
6. Here, you need to go to the ‘General’ tab to edit group info.
7. You can also go to the ‘Members’ tab to edit participants’ info.
You can also delete a group if it is not needed any longer. This can be easily done by tapping on the ‘Bin’ icon present next to the name of each group or by selecting the ‘Delete Group’ option. For further information regarding Security Groups, you may navigate to the official website of Office.