If you are looking for a way to stream videos and movies directly on a non-Roku TV, then Roku Streambar could be your first choice. It not only lets you connect and stream through a Roku TV but to a non-Roku TV as well. Also, you can enjoy amazing sound quality with ultimate screen resolution.
After you set up your Streambar with your TV by using the instructions given below, you need to activate the setup by navigating to roku.com/link.
In case you are not sure if the Roku Streambar will work on your TV or not, then you need to go through the online Roku consultation guide to know about the same.
After you verify that your TV is supported by the Streambar, you need to go through the connection, set up, and activation process given in the upcoming sections.
Method to connect your Roku Streambar
- Using the cable that came along with your Streambar, connect it with the power source.
- Then, you need to connect the Streambar to the ARC port with the help of the given HDMI Cable.
- Now, you have to ensure that the ARC, as well as CEC, are turned on.
- After establishing the connections properly, ensure that your Streambar turns on.
- Also, check that the right input is displayed on your TV.
- Once you connect everything properly, the Roku logo will appear on your TV screen.
- After the logo vanishes away, you will see the primary setup screen.
You can also refer to the instructional guide that came along with your Roku Streambar package.
After connecting the Streambar with your non-Roku TV, you need to go through the activation process from the roku.com/link setup screen. Here is how the on-screen setup and activation goes.
Roku Streambar setup and activation
- Initially, you will have to choose the language of your choice by scrolling up and down and pressing OK.
- Now, connect it with the internet by establishing a wired or wireless connection.
- After you connect to a network successfully, select the 'Connect' option.
- As soon as you do so, Roku Streambar will download the latest software on your TV.
- Now, you need to reboot your TV.
- After that, you have to select the Display type and choose the video resolution.
- Then, go to roku.com/link and create a new Roku account.
- After you create your account, you need to activate the Streambar.
For the activation purpose, you need to follow the guidelines that are displayed on your TV. You will also see the alphanumeric activation code which you need to enter in the space given on the activation screen and following some easy prompts.