Issue 1: Errors occurring while you open Office application (Office.com/setup)
- To resolve this error, you can take two steps discussed below:-
- You can update your MS Office Application: To update your application, you can follow the procedure mentioned below:-
- You have to open MS. Word and then click on the ‘File’ tab.
- Select the ‘Update’ option from the Account.
- You have to now click on the ‘Update Now’ button.
- You can follow the same steps to update other applications of MS Office.
You can fix the error by using the Command Prompt: You have to open Command Prompt from the administrator’s account and then type the command to open your MS Office documents.
Issue 2: MS office Documents which are downloaded from Email are unable to open
When you will upgrade to Windows 10, all the Office file and documents are unable to open from your email. To resolve this issue, you can choose to disable the Protected view, by:-
- You have to open Microsoft Word and then click on the ‘File’ tab.
- Open the ‘Word Option’ window by clicking on the ‘Option’ tab.
- Now, you have to choose and click on the ‘Trust Center Settings’ option.
- You have to now click on the ‘Protected View’ option, visible on the next window.
- Make sure you uncheck the “Enable Protected View” checkbox.
Issue 3: MS Office applications are frequently crashing while using Windows 10
- Microsoft Office applications keep on crashing when to open or edit any documents in Windows 10.
For this, you can choose to repair Office suite by:-
- You have to open the Control Panel and then click on the option to uninstall a program.
- Now, select and click on MS Office Suite.
- Select the ‘Change’ option from the pop-up menu and then click on the option to ‘Repair’.
Issue 4: You are unable to find MS Office Applications
In Windows 10, you will not find a shortcut icon in the taskbar. So, you cannot find it easily in other OS. To resolve this issue, you need to create a shortcut icon.
- You have to open the File Explorer.
- Now search for the MS Office applications to create a shortcut.
- Select the option to ‘Create a shortcut.’
- Now, click on the ‘Yes’ option.
Issue 5: You are unable to save the files after Windows 10 upgrades
In case you are not able to save the Office documents after upgrading Windows 10, then you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- You have to open the command prompt from admin account and then type cd%userprofile%.
- Now press Enter.
- You have to type cd OneDrive on command prompt.
- Type icacls%userprofile%\OneDrive/inheritance:e then click ‘Enter’.
MS Office has changed the way we use to manage our work earlier. However, sometimes, we face difficulties to access Office applications on Windows 10. If you are also facing issues in accessing Office applications on Windows 10, then consider the steps in the passage to resolve the issues.